42 in Platteville Ready to Fight the Ban

Last night, we had an Action Network Training at UW-Platteville. It was our 28th training, but it was the first one I organized and my first time presenting, so I was a bit nervous. But once Ingrid and I finished setting the room up and the participants began to arrive, I could tell it would be a great evening.

Towards the end of the training, we broke into two groups: one interested in university-related organizing and the other focusing on more general community organizing. I helped facilitate the group of students, faculty, and staff (including three deans) who had already begun to get the word out on campus. They had some great ideas, such as giving class raps and encouraging academic departments to sign resolutions against the ban.

I look forward to going back to Platteville next month for our first Action Network Meeting so I can see what’s been put into place.



Tags:

1 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Betty said...

Nice work, Shira. That's great that so many people from the university are involved in the fight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

A Fair Wisconsin Votes No
Add this banner to your website