Finding the Coordinators

I have to admit, when we decided to find coordinators for all 72 counties in the state, I was a little nervous. Okay, not a little nervous…a LOT nervous. I knew it wouldn’t be a problem in cities with Action Networks, but what about everywhere else?

I begin going through our database and calling supporters. Getting a live person on the phone was probably the biggest challenge. But eventually people began to return my calls, and I was pleasantly surprised. Of course there were those who were too busy to commit or too nervous to talk to the press, but the majority of people I spoke with were happy to be given the opportunity to help the campaign in a new way. They had already been talking to their friends and neighbors about the harms of the ban and were looking forward to helping others in their communities do so.

Since we sent out the release announcing all of our county coordinators, we’ve had calls pouring into our office from people in counties like Polk and Pepin and Ashland – counties where Fair Wisconsin hasn’t yet established a strong presence – from people who are excited to learn about their local coordinator and who are eager to get involved to help defeat the ban. And with all of our 72 county coordinators, we’re well on our way!

3 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Paul said...

I think it's amazing how strong this grass-roots effort is. I'm almost certain we will defeat the ban in November.

One interesting note: I was reading a friend's blog and he pointed out that currently, same-sex marriage has a higher overall approval rating than President Bush. My, how things have changed over the past year.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Blake said...

I want to wish you all the best of luck and support. I'm in Georgia, where needless to say we did not succeed in defeating this amendment .... I am eager to see the national tide stemmed and maybe turn back. Way to go!

 
At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad to hear about the 72 county coordinators. i've always thought that the nearly exclusive urbanness of the lgbt movement has been a weakness. i'm glad that action wisconsin has the guts and resources to undertake such a project. hope that action wisconsin's efforts inspire the lgbt rights movement elsewhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

A Fair Wisconsin Votes No
Add this banner to your website