A Star Volunteer

Hannah Johnson has been coming to our regular Tuesday night volunteer nights in Madison for quite some time. But recently, she decided she needed to do more for the campaign. So she scaled back her hours at her two part-time jobs and is now at the Fair Wisconsin office volunteering every day. And weekends. She has attended all the door canvasses in Madison and is even organizing her own door canvasses in her hometown of Lake Mills.

Why is this issue important to her?
From a young age my parents told me that sometimes a couple is a man and a woman, sometimes it's two women, and sometimes it's two men. It doesn't make a difference, it's just about who you love. Because I was lucky enough to be raised with such open views of what makes up a family, the lack of equal rights in this country outrages me. I do not understand why we as a country do not extend equal rights to all our citizens.

I know it's going to take a lot of work to make sure this amendment does not pass, and I can't ask anyone else to give up their time if I don't offer my own time. It is important to me to make sure that my home state does not write this discriminatory amendment into its constitution. I love Wisconsin, and I will not stand by and watch the ban pass. I know if we all do our part, and volunteer our time and donate our money, we will be the first state in the nation to defeat the ban.
Read an interview with Hannah here.

1 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Justin Sweet said...

I love Hannah. She's awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

A Fair Wisconsin Votes No
Add this banner to your website