Website for a Fair Wisconsin

Over the past 8 years or so, I’ve designed and built a lot of websites. But I’ve only maintained a handful of them—and none to the extent as I’ve had to maintain FairWisconsin.com.

People ask if I get tired of working on the same site day after day, but surprisingly, I don’t. I have so many ideas for it that the only tiring thing is finding enough time to work on it.

The site continues to evolve and grow as we get closer to Election Day (only 113 days now). I thought I’d point out a few recent additions and changes:
I have my own ideas of how the site should grow over the final months. But what about you? Is there anything you'd like to see on the site that isn't there already? Suggestions for how to make it more user-friendly? Anything you've looked for that you haven't been able to find?


Tags:

6 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Ryan Schlichting said...

This site is amazing. It's the most comprehensive campaign I've seen to combat a marriage amendment. I had the pleasure of working with Michigan Equality, but their resources and sheer impact are dwindled by Fair Wisconsin's efforts so far. I'd love to help with the campaign up in Marinette. I'd left my information for Lindsey with a couple people, but I haven't been contacted yet.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Ingrid Ankerson said...

Thanks Ryan. Great that you're looking to get involved-- someone will certainly get in touch with you soon.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Ingrid,

As someone who's made a few websites here and there, I wanted to say that the Fair Wisconsin website is great! It has a clean look and is easy to follow.

I think what you've been doing is a great service to the LGBT community and to Wisconsin as a whole. Keep up the great work!

And a special thanks should go out to all of the volunteers!

Paul.

pdcook.blogspot.com

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Mike Fitzpatrick said...

As someone maintaining four websites, I also add my kudos to one of the best political websites on the web. Actually it's one of the best in any category!

One question though: are similarly clean, unobtrusive "Ads by Google" permitted by FEC or Wisconsin Election rules? Or does not Google offer an ad assoication for campaign websites? That could generate additional financial support for the ongoing battle.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Ingrid Ankerson said...

Mike, I'm not sure. But it might be something to look into.

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Andy said...

I want to echo that this website is really well done and should be a model to many of the local and state LGBT advocacy groups.

And the personal stories and stories about being out in the community are great! If I'm ever feeling a little down about the state of LGBT activism, I click over here for some uplifting news.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

A Fair Wisconsin Votes No
Add this banner to your website