"What does it mean?"

I’ve talked to a lot of people about the ban—my dad, newspaper reporters, friends, Madison residents at their doorsteps. Every time I show someone the text of the ban, they get tripped up by the second sentence.

My experience is in no way unique. In fact, we took cameras around the state and asked people to read the text of the ban and tell us what they think it means.

The footage we got showed confusion and skepticism. The reactions started to make such a compelling argument against the ban, that we are using the footage for a new ad.

You can watch a first draft of the ad here. It should be done soon, though we still need the funds to get it on the air. When we've raised the money, it will air in western, central, and northeast Wisconsin—areas that are harder to reach through our strong grassroots efforts.

6 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE it. The lips and the mouths don't match up (in the mac download at least). But I still love it...

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean --- lips and words. Oops.

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty good, but some of the folks don't come off naturally, like it's a little too produced. Good intentions, though.

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I have seen your appearently well funded ad, I notice it does not show the text of the proposed amendment. Maybe your next ad will, so as citizens we can give more thought to it. We shouldnt have to just believe your "trust me, it's bad" approach. I have not seen the draft in the paper, I dont think most people have. I had to click several links to find it on your site. So when you walk up to the guy on the street he is probably giving you an unthoughtout response.

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Fred Williams said...

Hi Anon. You might have missed it, but the first ad we ran was all about the text of the ban--featuring it prominently on the screen. That ad ran very often for at least two weeks as a basic introduction to what's on the ballot. This new ad is elaborating on that.

 
At 9:28 AM, Anonymous rochelle said...

Hi...please consider not assuming that everyone has seen the ad. I'm new to Wisconsin (since June 1), and knew nothing about the ban or your campaign until I stumbled on the blog this morning. Glad to have found it!--

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

A Fair Wisconsin Votes No
Add this banner to your website