Having a Real Debate

There's an intriguing discussion unfolding at Real Debate Wisconsin.

One of The primary blogger there is a conservative who opposes marriage for gay couples, but he invited a site visitor to guest blog with his case against the civil unions and marriage ban. It's a very thoughtful piece that helps demonstrate how we are at our best when we focus on reason and a little compassion to make our case. I highly recommend taking time to read this post and the comments.

CORRECTION: I was mistaken to say that the blogger at Real Debate Wisconsin is on record against gay marriage. I thought I had read a post awhile back to that effect, but I was incorrect. My apologies for the confusion.

Tags: ,

5 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Todd said...

Thanks, Josh, for the kind words and for linking to the post.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger georgia said...

I just finished reading the complete dialog on the Real Debate site and Todd, you are to be congratulated for eloquently stating the facts and not getting ruffled. It is clear that a certain poster who shall remain un-named by me does not get it. Thank you for speaking out.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger realdebate said...

One of the primary bloggers there is a conservative who opposes marriage for gay couples

I am the primary blogger there, in fact it is my blog.

I have never stated my opinion on the matter.

I would appreciate your making the correction.

You are making an assumption here, that is dangerous.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger realdebate said...

My thanks for the correction Joshua. You are a gentleman.

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred who is the blogger on Real Debate Wisconsin would do anything for a story. He is totally republican, the fact that he asked a guest speaker to write on a topic is soley to bring his blog "hits" up. Ignore his blog. He wants attention and is quite cut-throat about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

A Fair Wisconsin Votes No
Add this banner to your website