Issue of the Day

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has a new series called the "Issue of the day." Every week day they're asking both candidates for governor to respond to a topic. Today's issue was the ban.
Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle: "Wisconsin already outlaws gay marriage. This amendment is unnecessary, and was only intended to divide people. Worse, it would make it impossible for some people to make final medical or inheritance decisions for a loved one. Instead of dividing our state, we should find ways to bring people together."

Republican Mark Green:"I believe that marriage should be clearly defined as being between one man and one woman. So, yes, I support the amendment."

3 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Paul said...

I suppose I'm not really surprised by their responses--they're what I expected. But what I don't understand is why Republicans refuse to address the real issue-civil rights. While many social conservatives are quick to state that marriage must be "protected", very few then go on to provide an alternative (such as civil unions) that deals with the issues that our governor brought up in his response.

Hopefully the TV ads will get people to think about such things.

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen three different vehicles now with both "Mark Green" and "Vote No" bumper stickers.

My guess is he'll lose votes if he presses his support too much.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Karmachrome said...

Thank you Automoton Green for perpetuating The Recycled Response and helping to dismiss any notion that you may have a hint of individuality.

Sorry...I'll get back to work...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

A Fair Wisconsin Votes No
Add this banner to your website