Labor Joins Fight Against Far-Reaching Ban

This story pretty much speaks for itself. We are fortunate to have the active involvement of Wisconsin labor unions. They understand the ban will hurt working families and aren't afraid to stand up.

I myself come from a labor family. I know my dad will be proud too when he reads this news.

From the Associated Press article:
Labor unions are joining forces to fight a proposed ban on gay marriage and civil unions in what could become a powerful force in the Nov. 7 referendum.

The groups, representing employees ranging from teachers to prison workers, say they are worried the amendment will take away their ability to bargain for benefits such as health insurance for the domestic partners of gay and straight employees.

They are making donations, organizing volunteers and educating their members as part of their attempts to make Wisconsin the first state to defeat a constitutional ban on gay marriage.

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Karmachrome said...

I love the mental picture of teamsters canvassing!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Paul said...

I was pleased to see that this story made national headlines on gay.com/news. I'm getting the feeling that Wisconsin will be making even more national headlines in the future.

Paul.

pdcook.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

A Fair Wisconsin Votes No
Add this banner to your website