Media Monitoring

For those of you who have been wanting to get involved with the campaign, but just aren't ready to go door canvassing, we have a new volunteer opportunity. (But let me first say, door canvassing isn't nearly as scary as you think it is. Seriously. You should try it.)

Anyway, instead of reaching voters at their doorstep, you can help us reach them through the media. We now have a "media monitor program" that we're using to rapidly respond to both good and bad coverage of the ban. You can find out more and sign up to be a monitor here.

2 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought canvassing was going to be scary but it turns out it's not at all. I'm really glad I gave it a try, it's been a really good experience; plus I know that no matter what happens on November 7th I will know that I've done absolutely all that I could to make sure we defeat the ban. I encourage everyone to try canvassing even if they are nervous about it.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Marlin said...

When I vacationed in the Fox Valley/Green Bay area, I volunteered to help Mitch's crew do some door-to-door canvassing. I was truly SURPRISED over the support we got from people, who, at first glance, did not impress me as the progressive type. Books should never be judged by their covers. That's not to say that I was not surprised in the reverse (by persons I intially thought would be supportive), BUT the number of thought-provoking "NO" responses on the marriage discrimination amendment question gave me every bit of confidence that we are on the winning side of this battle.

If you feel like you're just not ready to interact with likely voters and the general public, then why not volunteer to help out in the office and THEN take the babysteps to door-to-door canvassing? As you listen in on the debriefings of all canvassing volunteers, you just may want to give it a try...after doing some practice role plays that would fit your style.

Marlin from Lawrenceville, GA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

A Fair Wisconsin Votes No
Add this banner to your website