New Blogger on the Lineup

Coleman has been volunteering for the campaign for two years now. Not so long ago he decided to put aside his other obligations and make organizing southwest Wisconsin his full-time work (he's still an unpaid volunteer, mind you).

We've published some of his emails to us with stories about door canvassing in rural towns around his Mineral Point home. As of today he'll be regularly blogging with us.

When asked to share a positive or inspiring experience while working on the campaign, he said:
I’d have to answer that every time I knock on a door while canvassing, or begin a conversation while standing in a check-out line, I have a positive experience. That’s not to say that every person I engage is against the ban. But day by day I see how talking to people changes people’s minds. Some days I just don’t feel like working on the campaign. On those days, it’s important to remember that good feeling that always comes after an hour, or afternoon, or day of strenuous campaigning. I don’t know what is going to happen on November 7, but I know that on November 8 I don’t want to regret having sat this campaign out. The only way to win is one voter at a time.

3 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger Justin Sweet said...

Yay Coleman! I'm glad to hear that we'll all be hearing from him on a more regular basis here on the blog. We're lucky to have him helping us in this fight.

 
At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a positive experience. That’s not to say that every person I engage is against the ban.

I don’t know what is going to happen on November 7, but I know that on November 8 I don’t want to regret having sat this campaign out.

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have NEVER had a bad experience? You have obviously never knocked on my door.

I will be out voting - and I will vote YES on the civil union and marriage ban. Sorry, don't believe that civil unions should have the same rights as married persons, nor do I believe in "gay" marriage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

A Fair Wisconsin Votes No
Add this banner to your website