West Bend Daily News Publishes Hometown Gal's Op-Ed

Ingrid's home town is right near West Bend, so she put together a guest op-ed for her hometown paper about how the ban will impact her family. This is the guest op-ed published in the West Bend Daily News.

Here's an excerpt:
I grew up on a small farm near Kewaskum. My brothers and I spent our summers riding bikes and playing softball, and our winters building snow forts and skating on the creek behind our house. I was lucky to have a stay-at-home mom, a dad on the school board, and a family who had dinner together every night of the week. It was the kind of childhood I hope to someday provide for my own children. But this November, you will decide the future of my family.

Wisconsin voters will choose whether or not to amend our state’s constitution to permanently deny me the ability to have a legally recognized relationship with the woman I love simply because I am gay.
For more about Ingrid's family, you can read her conversation with her dad. That's Ingrid below on the left with her family. Her partner is in the middle, in white. This was taken at their commitment ceremony.

3 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Erin Roberts said...

I loved it Ingrid! Well said. If only I had done this in my hometown in Michigan...maybe I could have changed some minds with some reality.

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ingrid and her partner are hotties!!

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Jill said...

Thanks for writing this, Ingrid. I grew up in West Bend, and my partner and I still make trips back for family occasions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

A Fair Wisconsin Votes No
Add this banner to your website