Eau Claire's Silver Bullet

Last night we were busy phone banking in Eau Claire when I heard someone coming up the stairs to the office. I turned around, and there was Christopher Iannone, one of my star volunteers, his arms filled with bags of groceries.

Chris already volunteers at least once a week (and works full time and goes to school part time) but he was inspired by the volunteers who donated snacks in Milwaukee to do even more.

Seeing the mountain of food Chris gave us literally brought tears to my eyes. The generosity and selflessness this campaign has brought out in people is amazing. Chris even cleaned out our refrigerator, which I have to admit was pretty disgusting.

7 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger Justin Sweet said...

Thanks Chris! Your generosity, on top of the volunteering you've already done, is VERY appreciated. You've sure got some great people up there in Eau Claire Hannah.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Joshua Freker said...

I met Chris awhile back when he was the president of the Chippewa Valley LGBT Community Center. He's given a lot to the community there, and it's really great to see him active with Fair Wisconsin too. Thanks, Chris.

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Kristine said...

Do you mean "magic" bullet?

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger hannah said...

I did mean "magic"-- oops!

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Kory said...

Thank you so much Chris!

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Guess who? :) said...

Thanks for keeping Hannah fed :)

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Christopher Iannone said...

When I dropped the supplies off, Hannah was sad because she didn't have her camera with to take a picture of me with the supplies. I told her then, and I told her again last night, it wasn't for glory or publicity...I was inspired by the Milwaukee story it was just the right thing to do! I couldn't imagine a more important (or better, or even FUN) way to give of my time or money.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

A Fair Wisconsin Votes No
Add this banner to your website