My Uncle Wendell

Families are important. That’s one of the main reasons we are working to defeat this amendment--we know the ban would hurt real families all over the state. I’m lucky to have a truly amazing family.

Every Monday my Uncle Wendell drives to Eau Claire from the Twin Cities so he can canvass with me. The first canvass Wendell ever attended was in July; at 6 o’clock it was still 90 degrees out, we knocked on doors with sweat dripping down our faces, our t-shirts sticking to our backs.

The seasons have changed and it’s starting to get chilly. We’ve had some pretty cold and rainy Monday night canvasses. But Wendell doesn’t let anything stop him from spending time with me, or from canvassing. He has even created himself a special clipboard and hat for canvassing, both have flashlights attached so he can canvass as efficiently as possible.

In some ways I'm excited for my life after the campaign, but I’m going to miss Monday nights with Wendell. I’ve gotten used to heading home after a long Monday night canvass to camp out on some mattresses on the floor with my Uncle Wendell. Luckily I still have GOTV week to look forward to; Wendell will be right beside me the whole way.

3 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Kory said...

Wendell is such a great guy.

Thank you Wendell for everything you do!

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Communitygal said...

This campaign has caused many of us to build new relationships and strengthen existing ones. I hope after November 7 people will continue spending quality time with loved ones, participating in their communities, and talking with friends, neighbors, and complete strangers about what is important in life: love, commitment, equality, and respect.

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anne said...

...it takes a village! as always, thank you Wendell for being part of that village for our girls and now for being part of the village trying to protect the rights of children across our state.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

A Fair Wisconsin Votes No
Add this banner to your website