Justin's Grandpa is Voting No

Remember back in April, when Justin sat down with his grandpa to talk about the civil unions and marriage ban? At the time, his grandpa said he'd be voting for it:
I know you’ve been wrestling with your position on the civil unions and marriage ban. How would you vote if the vote were today?
I would vote yes to ban same-sex marriage. I am concerned about what same-sex marriage would do to the institution of marriage. Would it water it down or have a deleterious effect? I just don’t know.
But after months of thinking about it and after reading this guest editorial in the Appleton Post Crescent by Rev. John McFadden, he called Justin to say he'd be voting "No."

Not only that, but he even started talking to his friends about why he's voting "No." He's asking them to do the same or, if they're undecided, to leave the question blank.

4 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger ForTheGoodOfTheState said...

Because hey, if you're not voting "no", Fair Wisconsin doesn't want you to vote at all!

And I thought Republicans were the ones who were supposed to suppress votes.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger David Schowengerdt said...

Asking people to leave a very important question blank if they're undecided is hardly voter suppression. Give it up.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Dan Ross said...

I don't know what that first comment even means. Fair Wisconsin exists to promote just that--a fair Wisconsin in which people are not written out of the state constitution, and that means voting no.

Some people have deep conflicted feelings. I even leave some of the elected offices blank when I vote if I have no clue about the people involved. There's nothing wrong with that.

And there's no one from Fair Wisconsin barring people from the polls to vote as they wish. There's a difference between voter suppression and not voting on issues or candidates for which you are truly undecided.

Now, to Focus on the Topic...Hurray for Justin's grandpa! I have to say, given his previously cited concerns on the issue, I'm glad he came to this decision through thoughtful reflection. I'm proud of both of them for talking about the issue openly.

And for the good of the state...vote NO!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Brian J said...

Yay, Justin's grandpa! I'm so proud of him. :)

 

<< Home

A Fair Wisconsin Votes No
Add this banner to your website